Code of Conduct
- Students should focus in sessions, be enthusiastic, committed and interested in learning.
- Students should act in a respectful and supportive manner to staff and fellow students at all times.
- Students should support, encourage and work sensibly with fellow students at all times.
- Students are the responsibility of the teacher when in the studio, during class time only.
- If something is not understood, students should ask a member of staff who would be happy to spend time explaining.
- Parents and Students should inform teachers of any injury or illness prior to the beginning of class.
- Students should inform the teacher immediately if they are injured or fall ill during a session.
- Students are expected to attend and participate in class when possible.
- Teachers at Genevieve Ryan Dance Academy are always happy to discuss any queries parents may have. However, to make the best use of the student’s class time we would ask that you contact us outside of class hours.
- It is advised that friends do not accompany students to class to observe. We cannot be responsible for children and teens that are not registered participants of the Dance Academy.
- Genevieve Ryan Dance Academy is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- If an injury occurs while on the premises, it is understood and agreed that Genevieve Ryan Dance Studio will not be legally liable or held financially responsible in any way.
Rules of the Studio
- Students are expected to appear inappropriate dance attire for class.
- No food or drink except bottled water should be brought into the studio.
- Eating in the studio and chewing gum during class is not allowed.
- Mobile phones should be switched off or left on ‘silent’ mode during class.
- No videos should be taken during class time.
- Students are expected to arrive on time for class.
- Students are expected to focus and pay attention to the Dance Teachers instruction and keep talking to a minimum.
- Students must treat the studios, the premises, and the possessions of all other dancers with respect, care and consideration.
- Dancers understand that there is a zero tolerance behaviour policy at
- Genevieve Ryan Dance Academy. Dancers behaving inappropriately will be removed from the dance class and parents will be involved.
Photography and Filming
- Images of children posted to our website and facebook page will be identified by their first name only.
- To reduce the risk of inappropriate use of images only images deemed suitable will be used.
- Anyone with any complaints about images posted on our website and facebook page can speak to the child protection officer and the images will be removed.
- Anyone concerned about inappropriate use of images can report the matter to the child protection officer and procedures will be followed to report the matter to the appropriate authority.
- The expectations for parents and spectators who wish to take photographs or film at an event are to avoid inappropriate or intrusive photography. Any child or parent who has concerns regarding inappropriate or intrusive photography must report their concerns to the child protection officer who will act in the same manner as they would with any other child protection concern.
Child Protection Policy
- We aim to provide a happy and safe environment where children learn to dance.
- We believe children have the right to be safe and secure and free from threat, regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or beliefs.
- We will act with integrity, treating children with respect, listening to their concerns and acting upon them.
- Our Code of Conduct commitment to Students and Parents will ensure that students will receive professional tuition from qualified teachers within appropriate facilities following safe practice.
- Genevieve Ryan Dance Academy has procedures in place to help any child who appears to be at risk or appears to be the victim of abuse. We will provide help and support if any child tells us these issues affect them.